Prostate Cancer Foundation Home Run Challenge Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS PROMOTION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IS SUBJECT TO ALL LOCAL LAWS.
1. ENTRY PERIOD: The Home Run Challenge Sweepstakes (“Promotion”) begins May 1, 2019 at 12:01 am PST (“Start Date”) and ends June 20, 2019 at 11:59 pm PST (“Promotion Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to persons living in the Continental United States over the age of 18. Employees of Prostate Cancer Foundation (PCF) (along with its directors, officers, contractors, affiliates and subsidiaries) and their families are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes.
4. SELECTION OF WINNER: All entries that meet the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules will be considered “Eligible Entries.” One (1) Participant will be selected from all Eligible Entries received in a random drawing (“Drawing”) as the potential winner (“Potential Winner”). The Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor on or about June 27, 2019. The Potential Winner will be notified by email or telephone using the contact details provided with entry on or about one (1) business day after the date of the Drawing. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, the Potential Winner will be declared the Winner of the Promotion (“Winner”).
The winner will be determined by random drawing from pool of eligible participants on June 27th, 2019 midnight Pacific Time. All participants entries are subject to review at the discretion of the Prostate Cancer Foundation.
5. PRIZES AND ODDS: Winners will receive two (2) tickets to MLB ALL-STAR WEEK, travel expenses up to $2,000 including airfare for two (2) from the continental U.S., and lodging in a hotel in the Cleveland, OH area. The tickets are transferable. The airfare and lodging is non-transferable. Ground transportation between the airport, hotel, and event site will not be provided. Winner will receive a 1099-MISC for the fair market value of the prize. Odds of winning depend on the number of Eligible Entries received. The total approximate retail value of the Prize is $3,000. Any difference between the stated approximate retail value and the actual value of the Prize will not be awarded. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prizes is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If the Prize cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified on June 28th, 2019. Inability to contact a winner through their email account information provided may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. The Potential Winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release, which must be returned within five (5) days of prize notification. The Prize may be awarded to an alternate Winner selected by random drawing if the Potential Winner cannot be reached within two (2) days after Sponsor contacts the Potential Winner by telephone or e-mail, if the e-mail is returned as undeliverable, or Potential Winner cannot be reached by telephone, or if the affidavit/release is not returned within five (5) business days after it is sent to the Potential Winner. All entries are subject to verification at any time. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility in a form acceptable to Sponsor to participate in this Promotion. Failure to provide such proof in a timely manner may result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of any potential Winner based on an e-mail address, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder of an email address is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A Participant may be required to provide proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with an entry. Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that the Potential Winner is subject to a background check (including, without limitation, civil and criminal court records and police reports) and an audit of the Potential Winner’s social media accounts. By entering, you agree to cooperate reasonably with any such background check. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Participant if the results of such background check/audit reveals that the Participant is either not eligible to participate in the Promotion or if the Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that participation of Participant might reflect negatively on Sponsor or any of its related or affiliated companies, employees, or affiliates, or if the Participant provides false, deceptive, or incomplete information.
7. ENTRY DISQUALIFICATION: Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any Participant from this Promotion or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor if he/she tampers with the entry process or if his/her misconduct affects the integrity of the Promotion. Sponsor is not responsible for, nor is Sponsor required to count, in its sole and absolute discretion, late, lost, misdirected, or unlawful entries that are submitted. Use of automated devices or methods to enter the Promotion is prohibited.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the Promotion without notice or liability if the integrity of the Promotion is compromised in any manner as determined by Sponsor, or if the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as intended by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Promotion materials, or for any human or other errors that may occur in connection with this Promotion. Further, Sponsor is not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in Participant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages.
9. RELEASE AND INDEMNITY: Participant releases Sponsor and any other parties associated with the development and execution of this Promotion, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, licensees, and assigns, and their respective officers, directors, and employees (collectively, the “Indemnitees”), from any and all loss, liability, damage, cost, or expense arising out of or in connection with, this Promotion, including, but not limited to, any suspension, modification or cancellation of the Promotion, and/or acceptance or use of all or any part of the Prize, including liability for personal injury, damages or loss. Furthermore, by participating in the Promotion, Participant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Indemnitees, from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, and costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) which arise out of any breach of these Official Rules. Indemnitees are not responsible for any malfunction of the Promotion Webpage, or any late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, or destroyed entries due to postal service issues, system errors or malfunctions, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, typographical or system/human errors and failures, technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, cable connections, satellite transmissions, servers or providers, or computer equipment, traffic congestion on the Internet or the Promotion Webpage, or any combination thereof, including other telecommunication, cable, digital or satellite malfunctions, or for theft or destruction, tampering, or unauthorized access to entries and/or entry information which may limit a Participant’s ability to enter.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL INDEMNITEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF IT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR CLAIMS.
10. GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited, Participant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California, Los Angeles County, without regard to any conflicts of law principles.
11. WINNERS NAME: The name of the winner may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Prostate Cancer Foundation, ATTN: Home Run Challenge All-Star Week Contest, 1250 4th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401.
12.SPONSOR: Prostate Cancer Foundation, 1250 Fourth St., Santa Monica, California 90401 (“Sponsor”).
13. PRIZE PROVIDER: Prostate Cancer Foundation, 1250 Fourth St., Santa Monica, California 90401 (“Prize Provider”).
14. OPT-OUT To be removed from Sponsor’s mailing list, please send your request to Prostate Cancer Foundation, 1250 Fourth St. Santa Monica, California 90401.